INDIA IN A JAR aims to always provide high quality Goods that are fault free and undamaged. On occasions however, goods may need to be returned. Returns are governed by these Terms and Conditions.
[i] Incorrect or Missing Goods - If after accepting the parcel, you check and find you have received incorrect or missing goods, we must be notified immediately or within 24 hours of delivery to validate any claim.
[ii] Damaged/Faulty Goods - If after accepting the parcel, you check and find you have received damaged or faulty goods, we must be notified immediately or within 24 hours of delivery to validate any claim. This is deemed reasonable time for you to accept the goods delivered.
Place any damaged goods in a safe place with the original packaging as we will need to inspect the damage. If we cannot examine the goods we will not be able to process a claim. We will require pictures clearly showcasing the extent of any damage via email or post.
For incorrect, faulty or damaged goods, we will reimburse the cost of you posting the goods back to us only if the cost has been agreed with our Sales Department via email first and after the management’s inspection. We strongly advise that you use a recorded delivery service. If a recorded delivery service is not used and the goods do not reach us, we cannot be held responsible and a claim cannot be processed. Refunds can be in the form of a credit or made to the card used for payment.
[iii] Where goods are returned to us by courier due to non-delivery:
If the customer did not arrange a redelivery or collection from depot, we will treat this the same as customers returning goods as unwanted/mind changed [see below] and so in accordance with the consumer contracts regulation we will provide a full refund, but charge you for the direct cost incurred of return delivery.
If non delivery occurs due to customer error e.g. the customer entered incorrect shipping details, we will refund for the cost of goods only and charge you for the direct cost incurred of return delivery. In the case of free delivery, a deduction for the exact initial 'sent' delivery charge will also be deducted from this refund.
[iv] Best Before End [BBE] Dates - Most items stocked have lengthy BBE dates of many months but this may not always be the case. Certain products either by nature or slow stock can have shorter BBE dates. In such rare cases we still allow for a minimum of 12 days BBE from the date of despatch. It is the customer’s responsibility to enquire before ordering if you require longer BBE dates.
[v] Weighted Fresh (perishable) Items - please note that all fresh items sold by weight are approximate, please allow a 10g allowance either way per portion.
[vi] Change of Mind:
In accordance with the consumer contracts regulations, If you have changed your mind or feel the goods are unsuitable, you can cancel from the moment you place your order, until 14 days from the day delivery was made. We will issue a full refund within 14 days of getting the goods back. This refund will include the basic delivery cost of getting the goods to you in the first place. If you opted for an enhanced service e.g. express 1-2 day, Saturday or next day by 12, we will only refund the basic cost.
The customer must bear the cost of returning the goods to us.
We strongly advise that you use a recorded delivery service and pack the goods securely to avoid damage in transit. If a recorded delivery service is not used and the goods do not reach us or are damaged in transit, we cannot be held responsible. If we agree to collect the goods from you, then we reserve the right to charge you for the direct cost incurred for the recovery.
You must take reasonable care of goods to be returned and return them to us within 14 days of notification. Goods should be returned still in a new, unopened and unused condition, in original packaging.
A deduction can be made if the value of the goods has been reduced as a result of you handling the goods more than was necessary. The extent to which a customer can handle the goods is deemed the same as it would be if you were assessing them instore.
Please follow the below procedure to return goods to us:
- Please provide a full description of the reason for return by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Securely pack the unopened and unused item in its original packaging [with all tags and labels etc.].
- Send the package with a return Note to: INDIA IN A JAR, 35A MARLDON AVENUE, PAIGNTON, TQ3 3NY, DEVON, ENGLAND
d) The rights to return the goods to us as referred to in clause (c) above will not apply in the following circumstances:
(i) in the event that the product has been used or opened.
(ii) to any products that we have custom made specifically for you, this includes cooking curry kits & gift boxes.
(iii) to any products we deem perishable, this includes fresh food, frozen & chilled food. These are ordered at the customers own risk.
In all cases, refunds can only be made to the card used for placing the order and we reserve the right for the management’s opinion on whether you qualify for a claim.
[vii] The Exceptions - Unfortunately not all products are manufactured in 'transit safe' packaging. With the huge increase of online shopping, product manufacturers are becoming more aware of the need for suitable packaging that will withstand courier delivery. As such we have to exclude some specific transit damage as listed here from claims and these items are ordered at the customer’s risk.
- 'pop-up' jar lids - only a few manufacturers still use these as they are not suitable for courier transit. The lids can easily 'pop' if the jar is turned upside down, which can obviously happen during transit where the parcel is not guaranteed to be kept upright. We check all lids are secure before packing and never despatch already 'popped' lids. If you want to check before ordering, please email us and we can check the type of lid for you.
- Tin can goods - these cause problems for all online shops! Please check that the contents are undamaged before signing for delivery, dents can occur but if you deem the damage 'excessive' you must not accept delivery and sign 'damaged' when asked. We will not despatch dented tins/cans and pack securely to reduce risk.
- Perishables [fresh food] items - All perishable items are ordered at customers own risk, as perishables are not generally suitable for courier delivery. Although steps are taken to maintain quality, transit and weather can affect the condition goods will be received in and by placing your order you accept this risk on quality received.
The provisions of this clause do not affect your statutory rights.
INDIA IN A JAR reserves the right to exercise discretion with respect to any returns under these Terms and Conditions. Factors which may be taken into account in the exercise of this discretion include, but are not limited to:
1. Any use or enjoyment that you may have already had out of the Goods;
2. Any characteristics of the Goods which may cause them to deteriorate or expire rapidly;
3. The fact that the goods consist of audio or video recordings or computer software and that these have been unsealed by the consumer.
4. Any discounts that may have formed part of the purchase price of the Goods to reflect any lack of quality made known to the Customer at the time of purchase.
Such discretion to be exercised only within the confines of the law.
6. If the Goods have been dispatched or have reached you, but you have changed your mind, please give written notice of your wish to cancel to INDIA IN A JAR within 7 working days of receipt. Cancellation done only on customer’s written consent. We would request you to send the products back to our warehouse as soon as you can after the cancellation. The consumer has a duty of care for the products during the cancellation period. You are responsible for paying shipment costs if Goods are returned for this reason.